2010年8月6日金曜日

Parliament Square Peace Campaign




One of my school activities, I had to go to London and make a scrapbook, which show s London popular spots for tourist.
When I woke up on Friday morning, weather was not so nice, but it’s good for me to hide from direct sunshine. The day before, I made a route plan with a rough idea on how to make a scrapbook. So in the beginning, I had to get off the train at Stratford station to buy a One day travel card for zones 1&2. (I’ve got a monthly travel card zone 2 - 6) Tickets booth near main entrance had a long queue, so I went to the ticket counter near the Jubilee line, but of course two of them were all shut down. There ‘s only one choice remaining, l will have to use “Ticket Selling Machine”. Since I moved to Brentwood, I use a season ticket for commuting or buy a one day travel card at Brentwood station, so it’s not familiar for me to use London tube ticket machine!! On the screen, there’re some choice, but for “Day Travel card ”, there’re only two choices, one is for zone 1-4, and another is zone 1-6. I wanted to buy a ticket for Zone 1&2. So I chose a ticket for zone 1-4, and next screen showed price is GBP6.60-. I thought it was expensive, should I return to the main entrance, but I didn’t want to join the long queue...so I bought a ticket. But after I bought it, I just wanted to make sure how much the cost of a Zone 1&2 ticket is. It’s quite a shock when I found out the price is GBP3.60, and realised that I could save GBP 3.00, If I bought it at the other booth. Damm it!


Well, from the beginning I had minor trouble AS USUAL, but I tried to focus on my project when I arrived at Liverpool Street station, consequently I had been to several spots and was able to take lot of photos before I reached Parliament square. I took a bus from south side of Westminster Bridge towards Westminster Abbey, When I got on the bus I saw a guy who I had read an interview on in a Japanese community newspaper nearly a year ago, and just saw him on the TV news last May. I jumped off the bus and approached the Square, which was covered by a high fence and there’re no zebra or traffic signal so normal tourist cannot access there. It looks be closed by Police (??). Anyway, his name is Brian. I just knew he is “Peace Campaign protester”, so I was not sure if I could talk to him, but when I reached his site, he was trying to catch two pigeons.....Umm... I thought he might be bored, I could talk to him.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿